Sunday, April 2, 2023

Happy Birthday Avery

April 1st marked Avery’s 12th birthday.  That would be equal to 77 in human years.   

Avery and I have always shared a special bond.  She came into my life after a miscarriage and helped me through a very hard time.  To be honest, she probably knows me better than any living being.  If I’m ever frustrated, sad, angry or anxious…she can always seem to sense that and will find me wherever I might be in the house.  And her presence always brings me back to myself.

She’s been dealing with some health issues over the last couple years and there have been some really scary moments.  But after some diet changes and surgery, she seems to be back to her old self.  With consideration given to her age of course.  But we’re seeing her eating, gaining weight, running around with Tank and just generally happy.

She continues to be a huge part of my journey with the work I’ve been doing with my chi and chi healing.   I’ve utilized her many times to practice both feeling her energy and aligning her chi.  She always lets me work on her without complaint and she’s provided me with a lot of valuable feedback to assist me as I learn. I like to think that I may have brought her some comfort as well, especially on her not so great days.  But even if not, it has certainly made our bond even stronger than it was before.

5 comments: