Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey

I was working on a specific section of the Tai Chi short form this morning called "grasping the birds tail, press and push".  In the long form this is always done in a right lead.  In the short form it includes both sides.  I seem to really struggle doing it in a left lead.  I'm not sure if this is because I've just gotten used to the right lead version, or if being in a left lead is the "left hand" equivalent.  

In fact, I seem to really struggle with one side or another in any technique.  

The following are a few that I really have to stick my tongue out and think about when I do them.

Drop kick from a left lead.
Backwards shoulder roll over my right shoulder.
Front shoulder roll over my left shoulder.
Roundhouse kick with my left leg.
7 Knife Hands with left hand.

Probably a good list of things to put some focus on.

2 comments:

  1. Working on these just might be what you need to give you some purpose right now…you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good idea to try and practice things on the opposite side you normally do them to bring balance to your training.

    ReplyDelete