Tuesday, April 18, 2023

I AM Dependable

I am feeling very frustrated today.  Today brings yet another missed appointment by the plumber.  

I understand that emergencies can happen.  But what bothers me the most is the complete disregard for anyone that may have been counting on you.  That may have had to make special arrangements to accommodate you.  It's the lack of communication.  No phone call...no message.  Nothing.  Like I didn't matter.

Perhaps I'm just in a mood, but it feels like this occurs more and more all the time.  

I take my commitments very seriously.  If I say I'm going to be somewhere, I am there.  If I schedule something with someone, I show up.  If I say I'm going to do something I do it.  And if I'm faced with some sort of emergency, the people that are counting on me...the people I've made a commitment to...are the first to know and I'm open and honest about it.

I'm not saying I never screw up.  I have, and I do.  But I certainly don't make it a habit.  And I certainly don't sluff it off like it didn't matter.

I AM Dependable

1 comment: