Thursday, April 27, 2023

Time Is Ticking

Deadlines are huge motivators for me.  With the Tiger Challenge coming up, I have lots to do and many things on which to focus.  Although lack of direction was something I was struggling with a bit ago...it certainly isn't the case now.
  • Obstacle Course - entered.
  • Pool Noodle Fighting - entered.
  • Hand Form - I have every intention of doing my Tai Chi short form...but I'm not sure how to approach this.  I don't know if the judges would appreciate me up there for 5+ minutes.  But selecting a minutes worth doesn't really cover much either!  I have an idea, but I'll need to chat with one of the instructors about it before I implement it in my training.
  • Weapon Form - I'll be doing my Kwan Dao...but I sure hope I can smooth out some wrinkles before then.  
  • Creative Musical Form - entered.  I think I know what I'm doing but not 100%.  This is one I need to make a decision on and get training.
  • Team Form - With Todai Ward - dedicated practice has started.
  • Board Breaking - entered.  But I don't really know what to do yet.
  • Fight Choreography - With Todai Ward and Todai A. Csillag - dedicated practice has started.
And on top of my own events, I'm also trying to keep the kids motivated with training towards theirs.

So yeah.....definitely lots on the go!!

3 comments:

  1. Might as well enter sparring as well to get all of it in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What they said! Last year I really hated point sparring but I forced myself to enter, and the tournament gave me so much more of an appreciation for it

    ReplyDelete