Thursday, April 20, 2023

Falling Apart

What is happening???  I injured my back on Tuesday by breathing.  Then I tweaked my ankle doing a little "skip" before Tai Chi.  And then I pulled something in my hip while working on Da Mu Hsing during the Level 1 Adult class.

I can complain all I want, but this is probably my own fault because I'm pretty sure I know the underlying issue.  I haven't stayed true to my stretching.  If I took a wild guess, I don't think I've done any dedicated stretching practice for over a year.  I could probably look back in my blogs to really pinpoint when I stopped....but I don’t want to out of embarrassment.  I’ll guess at a year and we’ll go with that. 

This really isn’t good.  I remember feeling like a million bucks when I was doing my stretching every night.  I remember noticing how it extended to benefits all across the board. 

Why does it have to take my body slowly falling apart to remember what it did for me?

Why is it that we stop doing things that are working?

1 comment:

  1. Time and our desire to do more. I’ve been there before. Many times.
    I hope you get your body in check quickly.

    ReplyDelete