Saturday, April 15, 2023

Some Silliness

I shook things up yesterday and decided to see if I could be fast enough and accurate enough with my kicks to kick a moving target.  Said target was me throwing a ball into the air.   It went terribly.   My technique completely fell apart.  As did my intent.  I ended up in a panic to just kick the ball by whatever means necessary.

BUT there WAS the odd time that everything came together.  I was able to ignore the panic.  I remained calm and waited for the ball to fall rather than reaching for it, scared I would miss my chance.  Everything was perfectly timed and in sync.  I attempted this with my front thrust, side heel and roundhouse.  Both legs.  I probably kicked about 70 total and maybe about 4 came together just right.  But 4 is better than 0.  And the point wasn’t to be awesome at it.  The point was to do something different…even if it was kinda silly.

1 comment:

  1. I love doing something like this every spring when the weather is just right for making snowballs, very satisfying when you get those rare good ones and it just explodes!

    ReplyDelete