Wednesday, April 5, 2023

A Pendulum

My body has been feeling really tired and sore lately, so as I was doing my Tai Chi this morning, I just let myself really relax.  I know we are supposed to relax in Tai Chi already, but I feel like I haven't been.  And whatever I did, felt really good.  I felt settled into my "highchair".  Everything seemed to stay nice and centered over my hips as I moved.  And it just felt "easy" and "right".

So what the heck have I been doing before this?  Why does this feel so extremely different?  Why do I suddenly think that I may have been reaching...overextending?  Has my body been TOO engaged?  Too intense?  Or maybe this attempt was just too relaxed...too flow'y.   Maybe it felt so easy because I just simply wasn't engaged at all?

Maybe I've just gone from one extreme to the other.  

1 comment:

  1. Tai Chi is one of those things that takes a long time to feel good. It is also something that will always be improving.

    ReplyDelete