Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Mr Lee Is Free

After being kenneled in the garage for 2 weeks. Mr. Lee has officially moved outside.  I’ve sat with him every evening in an attempt to make him comfortable in his new surroundings and to help him get used to me being around.  I wouldn’t say he “likes” me per se.  But at the very least, the frequency of his hissing and swatting has lessened.  I managed to release him into the cat house (no small feat) where he is currently hiding out.  We have a pretty nice setup, and being the free spirit that he is, he’s going to be much happier out there.  I believe I’ve done my best to show him that he’s safe and wanted, and hopefully he knows that.  It’s funny how, although he’s fought me, both figuratively and literally, he’s managed to win a place in my heart.  He’s an outside cat, and would never be domesticated...some cats just aren’t suited to live indoors.  But that doesn’t make him any less important to me, or to the world, and I'm hoping he finds a good life here with us.

The video below is of the first time he felt comfortable enough with me there to come out of his little cubby and move to the top. ❤️




2 comments: