Friday, March 10, 2023

Dum-Da-Da-Dum-Dum-Dum

I've been trying to grab any opportunity I can to drum at the Kwoon.  I have my own little drum at home, but obviously the big ones are much different.  And I had an opportunity a little while ago to take a video of myself.  I tried to run through as much as I know, but I do know I am missing a few portions....waking up, the lettuce and the end bows, to name a few.

Anyhow, I wanted to have a record of some early stuff so I can compare it later and laugh at how terrible I used to be!!  Lol.  Lots of work to do yet, but I think I'm slowly getting better.

If you decide to have a listen, just remember...I'm new and trying.  Lol


5 comments:

  1. It's coming along nicely. Something that may help you with your thunder drumming may be a little visualization. You are a little tentative with it, which stands to reason since you are just learning. But if you add some extra intent behind it, it may help. Chinese armies used the drum to sound the attack and the gong to sound the retreat. I visualize that with my thunder drumming, hence my assertiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! I am tone deaf and very challenged when it comes to music so drumming will most likely not be in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was great, I found myself looking at it through the lion's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is coming along nicely. I agree with Sifu Brinker and there is also a slight pause on the retreat after thunder drumming.

    ReplyDelete