Monday, March 6, 2023

A Wee Sprout

I really enjoyed the sparring drill we did last week.  Keep in mind that liking it and being good at it are two different things.  Lol.  

When I’m thrown into a ring with a black or brown belt, it can be very overwhelming.  Very beneficial, for sure. But overwhelming nonetheless.  Often it can feel like a cat toying with a mouse.  And I’m the mouse, in case you didn’t catch that analogy.  Lol.  

And so I really enjoyed the structure and the way it progressed.  I was able to slowly, one opponent after the next, fine tune things a little more each time. And the repetitions really helped develop the motions and the rhythm of my body, while still being challenged to make adjustments each time we changed partners. 

I felt really good after that class and even noticed a wee bit of confidence grow. Everyone be careful not to step on it.  

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job sparing with me👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Your patience was appreciated.

      Delete
  2. I felt the opposite😣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blog about it? It would be an excellent way to talk yourself through it.

      Delete