Friday, March 3, 2023

This One Almost Didn’t Make The Cut

Unfortunately I find myself exhausted, distracted and worried today.  I’ve been dealing with some conflict as a parent and it’s really been sapping my energy. 

I tried writing a couple blogs and it's just not working.  And I honestly have been sitting here much too long trying to put something together that I feel good about.  I think it's just time to throw in the towel because I really need to try and get back to work....as inefficient as that will probably be.

I also missed my morning training.  So yeah.  Really nailing it today so far.

Worrying about my kids is the number one thing that derails me.  I can normally push past almost anything else and carry on.  But when this kind of worry sets in, I cannot focus on anything else, no matter how hard I try.  But I also know that the only way I am able to alleviate worry is with a plan.  I have to look at things in a logical manner...take control of the things that are controllable.  There's always a solution.  But I'm currently struggling with that too.  I'm sure I'll get there...just maybe not as quickly, and cleanly, as I'd like. And there’s always this nagging feeling that I’m failing my kids. Which is a hard one to shake.  I mean let’s face it. I really have no idea what I’m doing. 

If I am 100% honest with everyone, this blog barely made the cut. I first published it earlier, with no intent of posting a link to WhatsApp.  Fingers crossed nobody would find it. Then I quickly deleted it altogether, hoping I could come up with something better and more positive. Then some of the discussions from last night regarding blogs came to mind, and I felt guilty for trying to hide my fails today. And so here it is again.  Published and link posted.  Apologies to anyone reading. This one, very literally, is garbage. But I made a commitment to blog daily, and this is all I have today.  

Plus…like was mentioned in last nights meeting...at least I'll have done SOMETHING for today. So I’ll mark this down and carry on I suppose. 

9 comments:

  1. Thank you, this will make it a lot easier for me one day to think it’s ok if I post it!
    Also, I feel with you as a parent, I sure don’t know what I’m doing either!😵‍💫

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that was me

      Delete
    2. I'm glad! Don't be scared to post. Share as much or as little as you want. But you'll probably find that you get more out of sharing more.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Even in your "worst" posts you are still pretty articulate. And, like Laura said, you're showing the rest of us that it's ok to make a blog that isn't Shakespeare once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is always the number one priority. I am glad you posted this blog as it shows that it is okay to struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, this blog is not garbage. This blog is mastery. Mastery is not pretty. You are documenting your journey, warts and all. This is important. It is important because it is where you are at. It is important because this is also why you are where you are at. The fact that you answered both of those questions in your posting reflects your understanding of this process.

    Bottom line, don't judge. Accept and adapt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed, not garbage at all. A treasure actually, and it will be a great reflection point to reference growth for you one day as well.

    ReplyDelete