Thursday, March 2, 2023

Mr. Lee

This is Mr. Lee.  He is a working cat who has been searching for a permanent gig.  He's been having a hard time finding one because he's a bit ornery and set in his ways.  He is constantly fighting management and refuses to conform to traditional workplace rules and procedures.

Our recent discussions at class surrounding Acts of Kindness and "big ticket items" inspired me to offer Mr. Lee a permanent position on our acreage.  He'll be working closely with "Swiper", who is our resident Senior Security Advisor.  Their role is to keep any riff-raff out of the house by any means necessary.

This is a 24/7, life-time appointed position.  It pays in kibble, heated accommodations, treats, medical benefits and love.  Treats and special meals are provided on holidays.  Only the toughest of the tough are considered for this position.  Domesticated kitties need not apply.  

I anticipate a rocky start to our professional relationship, but just as I eventually won "Swiper" over (she only swipes on rare occasions now and I don't think she really means it), I intend to do the same with Mr. Lee using empathy, patience and kindness.  I'm also fairly certain Mr. Lee will be a large contributor to my AOK numbers this year...so win-win.

He starts Saturday.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like Mr Lee has acquired a pretty cool gig. Stacking wins is a favourite thing for me to do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a last name like that, you know he is a skilled fighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I never even thought of that! I did not give him the name Lee...but I did add the "Mr". Now it just seems more destined.

      Delete
  3. And quite possibly a distant relative to my dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck and hopefully he doesn't take over because that is what all cats are planning to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!!! I'm hoping if I'm nice to some of them they'll be nice to me later when they're in charge. lol

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great gig! Maybe I should apply lol

    ReplyDelete