Monday, February 6, 2023

I AM an Artist

I've always enjoyed art.  Drawing, writing, painting, creating.  Not in a professional capacity...I just like making things.  I get ideas and I try to bring them to life.

Since joining the I Ho Chuan team back in the year of the Ox, I have written, illustrated and self-published a children's book, learned how to paint with watercolours and contributed several successful donations of paintings and pottery to a few different silent auctions.  Because of these donations, I have recently been commissioned for a custom pottery piece and have also been approached by my hometown's community director to donate a watercolour piece to have on display as part of their "local" artist exhibit. 

My heart is full of appreciation.  I know I shouldn't need praise or compliments from other people to feel good about the things I'm doing.  And regardless of any praise, I continue to do my pottery and painting at home, for myself, because it feeds my spirit.  But feedback such as this certainly does help boost the confidence and is giving me some momentum to proceed boldly with my goal this year to start an online presence for my pottery.  I CAN do this.  I AM an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment