Saturday, February 25, 2023

Need A Spark

As usual šŸ™„, my sparring is the more difficult requirement to keep on top of.  I’m doing okay so far with maintaining my numbers, but am still looking for that “spark” to ignite. So I’m thinking of developing my own sparring “form”.   I know that all of our forms supplement and support our sparring, but I’m thinking of something a little different.  Something more like the “jab-jab-reverse-hook-uppercut-bob-weave-huh-huh-etc-etc (I utilize this too).  And I’m hoping that I can use this (not just the form, but the process in putting it together) to gain some momentum and perhaps some confidence and desire.  

I need some help from the team though.  You don’t need to give up any trade secrets…but please comment below one of your favourite sparring techniques or combinations.  Blocks and kicks too!!  Sky’s the limit really.

Hopefully I find a spark.

Thank you in advance!

12 comments:

  1. Jab-reverse punch- roundhouse. Two plane attack that creates openings and enhances flow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jab, reverse, low high round house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been struggling to maintain my sparring numbers too so I really like this idea of making a “sparring form”! My combination suggestion is: reverse hooking block, jab, project out with a reverse punch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea! My fave is block, up the arm, elbow to jaw, around to elbow to mid section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I might need you to demo this one for me...lol

      Delete
  5. The one I like (and love to teach) is:
    Jab-reverse-hook-uppercut - wing block-takedown-punch - block ribs right -jab-reverse - roundhouse-spinning back kick

    We will be doing more sparring drills in March...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jab, jab, fake front thrust, step through, overhand right.

    ReplyDelete