Sunday, February 12, 2023

I AM Capable

I’ve shifted my mindset a bit this year with regards to my push-up and sit-up numbers.  In the half end of last year I became much too focussed on the numbers.  From day to day I was doing the exact number I needed to do.  No more, no less.  If I did happen to find myself ahead, maybe from doing some extras in class, I only did what I needed the next day to maintain that perfect +/- ratio.  I wasn’t necessarily doing what I was capable of each day….but rather, just the bare minimum.  And when we only do the bare minimum, even though we are capable of more, that’s Mr. Mediocrity knocking at the door.  This mindset was eventually my undoing.  I did not hit the goal…even though I had done it the year before.

This year I’m simply doing 200 every day.  In the morning.  Before my day carries me away.  I am capable of this.  I’ve done it many times before. I am not often sick…I am not often injured.  And the days that I am, I won’t need to worry about or stress that I’ll fall behind, because the capable days have a few extra built in.  I know there’s still a number I’m thinking about, but it’s not the primary focus.  Just a slight mental shift has put the focus on simply doing what I’m capable for the day.  And if I do that, the desired end result should take care of itself.  

It’s really pretty simple…if I’m capable of doing them, I’m going to do them.

And I AM capable.

No comments:

Post a Comment