Monday, May 22, 2023

Solid

My training has been feeling really solid lately.  And I think there are few reasons for this.

First, the Tiger Challenge.  This event, with it’s deadline, has really helped me direct my focus.  Day to day training can sometimes feel overwhelming.  There’s so much to work on.  So much content.  And sometimes it’s hard to sift through to find the priorities.  The Tiger Challenge essentially sifts through things for us and tells us exactly what our priorities should be…even if it’s just for a short time.

Second, my upcoming surgery. This event, also with a deadline, has inspired me to really get my training to the highest level I possibly can.  I know my physical training is going to take a nosedive.  And so I want to go into this on a high, so that hopefully it doesn’t take me as long to get back here.  

Third, I currently have so many other people tied to my training right now.  Whether it’s team mates for the Tiger Challenge, instructors that have become integral to my various goals or forms, or perhaps it’s a student I, myself, am trying to help.  Everywhere I turn someone is asking, offering, supporting and encouraging.   I don’t think I could fall if I wanted to.

1 comment: