Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Small Improvement....But Improvement Nonetheless

I've been working alot on my side heel kick.  The focus has been on maintaining a consistent crane stance regardless of my kick...ie. not giving away too early what kick I intend to do.  I'm finding this difficult to do with speed.  In fact, I think this is where this habit initially came to be.  I got to a point where I wanted to get faster...and to do so, I started taking a short cut.  Whoopsies.

Anyhow, I took a video yesterday to see if I've managed to correct this bad habit.  Short answer is no.  And I was a little disappointed as I've really been working on this.  But I decided to look back at the original video from when I first started addressing this...hoping that I'd maybe see SOMETHING to be proud of.  And I think I did find some improvement.

When I looked at these in slow motion, I could see immediately that back in March, I really had no crane stance at all.  I was essentially pivoting right into the side heel.  I've included both a still shot and video showing the two side by side.  The still shot below (left) is as close to a crane as I got back in March. The one on the right is the recent one.  And even though the angles are slightly different, I think I can see that I actually do now have SOME semblance of a crane stance prior to the kick.  Granted, I think I'm still turning that leg in when, ideally, I want to launch that kick straight out from that crane.  But regardless, I think I'm still seeing some improvement.








No comments:

Post a Comment