Saturday, May 27, 2023

“The…..”

“The Switcharoo”.  I had been practicing my Da Mu Hsing leading up to the challenge.  It was feeling really good.  I’ve really been enjoying Da Mu Hsing as of late.  But for some reason it just didn't feel like it was “fitting” me for the Tiger Challenge.  And late Friday night, as I continued to ponder this, my hand form from last year popped into my head and I just knew it was the right way to go.

“The Shake-up”.  Of everything that I was going to be doing today, my Tai Chi musical form was the one I was feeling the most confident about.  So when my hands started vibrating the moment I began, I found myself almost disoriented.  We had already done both our hand forms and weapons forms and any nerves had lessened.  Then seemingly out of nowhere, I just couldn’t stop my hands from shaking!  My focus and timing were all over the place.  And I’m curious as to why this ended up being the event that shook me.

“The Pledge”.  Board breaking wasn’t really a surprise.  I didn’t expect to do well…which is likely WHY I didn’t.  BUT, having said that, I still want to break those boards before my surgery.  I NEED to break those boards or they will hang over my head.  At least that first one.  So I plan to do that yet.  I also made a pledge today to enter the board breaking every year from here on in.  I can do this and I will do this.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed your hands what when you were giving me your phone but I didn’t want to make is worse for you by mentioning it. Your tai chi form was amazing; Sifu Hayes and myself were talking about it after and we both agreed it gave us the feels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sifu. That is an amazing compliment and means a lot.

      Delete