Monday, May 15, 2023

A Photo

I was searching for some lion dance videos the other day and stumbled across a plethora of photos from past banquets.  As I was browsing through them I found one that really stuck out for me.  The person in the photo was in the "holding the wind" technique of 18 Temple Motions.  And even though I immediately recognized it from the form, I also recognized that this is not how I have been doing this technique.  Something shifted in my mind and I find myself with a new perspective and a new intent.   I’ve implemented this into my form and it’s unbelievable what a difference this small shift has made.  This technique now actually feels like something.  It has a real purpose.  It’s funny the impact this single photo has made. 

Note: I would have shared the photo but I didn’t feel right posting a photo of someone without their knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment