Saturday, May 6, 2023

How Many?

Since getting some feedback, I’ve made sure to specifically focus on the kick portion of my Kwan Dao form every day now for about 1 1/2 weeks.

And I still don’t feel like I’ve made any headway towards what I’m trying to achieve. 

To be fair, I feel that I understand intellectually what I should be doing…so I suppose that’s a start in the right direction.  But I just seem to be struggling to make any physical progress.

I feel like I can do this.  I don’t think it’s a matter of it being beyond my ability…perhaps just beyond my skill level at the moment.  But I suppose even if I’ve gone over this section 10 times every day for the last 10 days that’s only 100 times.  Huh….it seemed like a lot more before I actually did the math.

How many reps does it take again to master a skill?  

3 comments:

  1. 50,000, so you’re close 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. That question is akin to asking how long a man's legs should be. According to Abraham Lincoln, they should be long enough to reach the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As many as it takes is the true answer.

    ReplyDelete