Monday, May 29, 2023

I Am Grateful

I did it.  I broke my boards.  Not with any kind of flow, but regardless.  I know I can do them individually and now I’ll work towards flow.  It felt really good, and not to mention the things I learned. 

Boards aside, my heart is full.  Not only did I have instructors guiding me, and plenty of holders, but many people stayed to watch, encourage and cheer me on.  It felt like my success was everyone’s.

One way [towards mastery] is to surround yourself with friends who ask more of you than you do. Didn’t some of your best teachers, coaches, parents, etc.? - Stewart Emery

I AM so very grateful for this amazing group of people I have found.

4 comments:

  1. Sad I missed it! We’ll just have to schedule another round board breaking first thing after you recovery 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did awesome! You are a great trainings partner and example, and thank you for pulling me along for the ride, I will miss you in class! Good look and speedy healing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You now know you can do it, it is simply a matter of connecting them together now.

    ReplyDelete