Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Breathe Deep

So I’m currently sitting in a Wainwright.  Surgery tomorrow morning.  Thinking about everyone at class this evening.  Hoping everyone’s killing it with awesomeness. 

I’m looking forward to having the actual procedure over and done with.  The biggest thing I fear at the moment is the general anaesthetic.  This forced “sleep” makes me extremely uncomfortable and nervous.  I have an irrational fear that I won’t wake up.  I don’t fear sleeping as a norm…because I feel that even in sleep I am “present”.  But when under general anaesthetic I am not in control of anything and am at the mercy of those caring for me.  And I know I’m in good hands…but even so.  Like I said…”irrational”.

Anyways, I will feel much better once it’s all done and I’m awake again.  Until then, I will breathe deep.

5 comments:

  1. I have the same fear. Hope everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and good luck for tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the bright side since you’re completely “absent” while you’re asleep it will seem like no time will pass so you’ll be up and awake again before you know it. Best wishes for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes and a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope everything went well today!! And you had a good sleep’ 🤗

    ReplyDelete