Thursday, July 13, 2023

Turtle Pace

I am officially walking in my boot! I did not fall over like I expected.  So pretty much nailing it so far.

The boot itself is very awkward.  It makes my right leg 2 inches taller than my left...so there's both a limp and a hobble.  And if you can even believe it, I'm way slower than I was on the scooter.

I can really feel how weak my ankle is.  Likely one of the main reasons that I have to ease into walking with the boot on at all times.  It is providing support for my ankle and also helping to distribute the weight evenly on my foot.  

But even with the limitations of the boot, it's nice to be using this leg again.  I have a feeling that once I get going, the physical progress will increase exponentially.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you’re making progress in your recovery! (p.s did you know the photo you picked is of an Indian Star Tortoise?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear! A friendly piece of advice from when I had to walk in a boot - do your hip stretching! My hips were so incredibly sore and out of wack because of the height difference, it took me a bit to recover.

    ReplyDelete