Monday, July 10, 2023

Could I Have Done Something Different?

I know I just blogged about this yesterday, but it continues to dwell in my mind above most everything else.

The loss of muscle in my calf is really bothering me.  It’s such a shocking change.  There are truly no remnants of muscle. Why didn’t I see this coming?  Could I have done something to prevent it?  Did I really drop the ball here? Any of the exercises that I’ve been doing have helped keep my quads and hamstrings in decent shape, but I can’t think of anything that would have engaged my lower leg without also engaging my foot.  But realistically it’s too late now even if I could come up with something.

How long will it take to build this back up and what does this mean for my recovery? 

1 comment:

  1. There really wasn’t anything you could’ve done to prevent the atrophy. The muscles of the calf are what dorsiflex, plantarflex, evert, and invert the foot. However, retraining and gaining that muscle back won’t take as much time as you think.

    ReplyDelete