Monday, July 31, 2023

Daily Report

I gotta say.  Today was a really great day.

I managed to start my day when my alarm rang.  That’s 4 days straight now.  Although I didn’t get everything accomplished that I wanted it, it was for good reason.  I decided to pull out my Kwan Dao today.  I’ve been using a stick for the past while to avoid any extra weight and strain on my foot.  But I figured if I went really slow with my turns and pivots I’d be okay.  And I was.  Until I really got into it and started really extending my blade.  So much so, that I took out my ceiling light with a particular overhead strike.  And so I was on cleanup duty for the remainder of my training time.

My first day at work went well.  I’ve missed my colleagues.  And it returned a semblance of normalcy to my day.  Finally some structure!  I did very little walking and kept my foot elevated and managed to last the whole day.

I was really proud of the kids today too.  They were home alone all day and managed really well.  They entertained themselves with lots of different “non screen” activities.  Games.  Colouring.  Lego.  Played outside.  I really do have great kids.  As a parent, I’ve gotten very lucky.

And to end my day, class was great.  Although my foot seemed to swell quickly, for the first time in a long time, I was able to participate in the class with some combinations that involved my whole body and even did some (shallow) bow stance slide stepping.  Might not seem like much, but it’s been a while!  Todai Csillag and I were also invited to teach both levels how to make paper cranes.  It was a nice way to be really immersed the class. 

Yup, a really great day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment