Monday, June 5, 2023

Mental Reps

Over yesterday and today, finally having a clearer mind to do some mental form reps for both my Kwan Dao and Tai Chi Short Form, I've noticed a few things that will require some more thought and analysis.

1.  When doing my form mentally, I can "feel" the movements of my body.  I'm also noticing that in most areas I can feel both my upper and lower half moving together.  But there are a few areas where I'm noticing that one or the other gets lost.  What I mean by this is that while doing a certain portion in my mind, my lower body will suddenly disappear...catching up later on.  Mentally speaking, I can't quite make these particular sequences work.  This makes me wonder if these are portions, in real life, where I am out of harmony and this is how it's translating in my mind.

2.  In my Kwan Dao form I've found a couple spots where I want to make some changes.  A couple ideas just sparked where I thought an adjustment could make a world of difference.  Unfortunately, in our mind, sometimes things work ultra smooth, and not realistically, so I will likely call upon some people to try a few things out for me.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if I can help; I’ve never studied the Kwan Dao but I’ve done the monks spade which is similar.

    ReplyDelete