Thursday, June 29, 2023

I Was Being Lazy

I accidentally put weight on my foot today.  I have been extremely diligent this far.   But I was too lazy to drag my scooter back downstairs today for the umpteenth time and instead, used my crutches…that I’m terrible with because I never use them.  I ended up losing my balance and briefly used my right foot to catch myself.  I was expecting pain.  But there wasn’t any.  Instead it was like a bunch of pins and needles through my whole foot.  And it was very fast.  I’m thinking at 4 weeks, although I’m still under “zero weight bearing” orders, I’m most likely past the point where it would have done a lot of damage.

It’s been 4 weeks since I’ve used this foot.  Another week and a half and I should get the ok to walk in my boot and start driving again.  And a couple more weeks after that I should be walking without the boot at all.

And then the real work starts.  But honestly, right now, I am eagerly looking forward to the real work.

No comments:

Post a Comment