Friday, June 9, 2023

Digging

After a much needed 1-on-1, I decided to get myself outside to enjoy some fresh air.  My original intent was to just sit, or maybe go for a short walk with my knee scooter.  Instead, I found myself digging in my garden for an hour.  That’s, by far, the most exercise and the most sun and fresh air I’ve had in 9 days. 

Gardening was one thing that I did NOT expect to be able to do at all, never-mind just over a week post-surgery.  But here I was, digging away.  I was able to lower the seat on my scooter, and even had it pivoting.  So after managing to (slowly) push myself through dirt into a section of my garden, I then proceeded to simply dig and pivot, vanquishing all weeds in about a 5 foot radius.  And there were plenty.

Granted I ended up exhausted and had to lay down afterwards with my foot elevated.  And I have a nasty blister on my hand.  But I did it and I felt great.

There is always a solution if we want it bad enough.

1 comment:

  1. The photo of you digging is messing with my perspective.

    ReplyDelete