Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

I attempted to wield my Kwan Dao today.  I haven’t actually been using it for a full repetitions of my form.  I’ve done the odd technique here or there just to try and work things out in my head.  But otherwise it’s proven too large to use right now.  Even with the scooter, the handles get in the way.  But I dragged over a stool today for Tai Chi, and I thought, why not?  With a stool I should be able to stand, with no obstructions around me, and at least do the movements even if I stayed in one direction. 

I’ll be honest.  It wasn’t pretty.  Without my lower half it was definitely in control.  I may have taken for granted the overall body strength it takes to really maneuver and extend a weapon of that size.  

I have a new appreciation for my Kwan Dao.  I also learned today just how much I miss her.

1 comment: