Thursday, June 15, 2023

Feeling Tired

As I attempt to do more, I am also tiring myself out a lot faster.  It’s not that I’m doing anything over and above what I used to, but the simple task of getting myself around is simply harder to do. In and out of bed. Cast on and off.  Transfer from scooter to chair. Up and down stairs.  In addition, as I move more, and even though I’m very careful to protect my foot and have adhered to the zero weight bearing, I still tend to flex and move it out of instinct.  Those movements can cause pain that will last.  I’m also finding that my increased activity comes at a cost of pressure and swelling.  So icing and elevation has been increased again in the evenings. 

Don’t get me wrong.  I’m not complaining.  I think this is all indicative of progress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment