Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Re-thinking

Last nights' class has got me thinking once again about my side heel.  I've come to terms with the fact that my kicks will always be something that I really have to work at.  I mean, I have to work at everything...but kicks will always need that extra attention.  But I was really starting to think I was seeing some improvement.  Last nights' lesson has me re-thinking that.  I think I might be someone that is kicking from the knee...starting with more of a roundhouse and changing it to a side heel.  I think maybe I had a false sense of improvement because I put more of a band-aid on it, fixing my stability somewhat, and was seeing THAT as progress.  But truthfully, I really don't know.  It's probably time for a video and a one-on-one.

No comments:

Post a Comment