Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Being The Tail

On top of all the others, another first for me this banquet was to be a tail in one of the lions that collected the red packets..  

If I'm completely honest, it was probably the biggest thing I was nervous about doing.  Yup, more so than the dragon dance....than the demo...more than speaking about the Liu Bei Leadership Awards...more than the 5 applications.

I was terrified of being a Casper.  Worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up with Sihing Lindstrom.  Scared I'd fall down the stairs.  Never to be asked again.....

Now that it's all said and done, I'm glad I didn't say no (not that I recall "no" being an option, mind you...lol).  It was a fun addition to the night and although I wouldn't say this is the start of any big lion dancing career....I WAS pretty proud of myself that I remembered to wag my tail.



No comments:

Post a Comment