Monday, January 23, 2023

Year of the Rabbit - Personal Requirements

I have found that the best way for me to remain both accountable and motivated, and also true and honest, is to share. By putting my intentions, my progress, my successes, my failures...all in writing...all transparent...good or bad....my team knows exactly where I am...and more importantly, I know exactly where I am.

And so with that being said, here are my final, and approved, Year of the Rabbit requirements.

My “theme” for my forms is the harmony between chi/strength.
  1. Hand Form – Tai Chi Short Form (school form) – Success Coaches – Sifu Dennis, Sihing Vantuil
  2. Weapon Form – Kwan Dao (personal form)
Personal Goals
  1. Once a month family game/movie night.
  2. CARRY FORWARD - Lion/Dragon Dance Drumming - learn to play a full lion dance with the ultimate goal of playing for a demo. – I’m setting myself a goal of a minimum of 30 minutes per week. Success Coach - Sifu Rybak
  3. Continue with my Chi exploration. This past year I found a lot of success by allowing my experiences to guide me rather than defining specific goals. I intend to continue in this manner, with an added focus of putting in writing some of the different things I’ve experienced and learned, in a manner that could possibly be used by others that are looking to develop more in this area. Success Coach – Sifu Brinker
  4. Establish an online “store” or presence for my pottery.
  5. Daily blogging. My intent here is to develop a detailed and accurate record of my journey and also inspire daily reflection.
  6. Weekly “mini” kick assessment – 15 seconds of each front thrust, side heel, roundhouse, spinning back kick – from each lead – to be recorded – my intent is to more closely monitor my progress with my kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment