Thursday, January 26, 2023

Go Fish

I've always found it interesting how after I blog about something, it somehow seems to come up in class in some way, shape or form.  Whether it be something physical I've been working on, or whether it's the way I've been feeling mentally, it somehow seems to be addressed or touched on, even if it's just very subtly or briefly.

I always chalked this up to coincidence...or that maybe I was really reaching for a connection between the two.  But it dawned on me yesterday that this might not be the case.  

Our instructors use our blogs to monitor where we are in our training.  It gives them insight into what we're working on, what we're struggling with, how we're doing mentally.  But I'm starting to think that perhaps our blogs are not just being used as a reflection of us as individuals, but also as a reflection of the team as a whole.  If I am working on something specific, or if I'm experiencing certain struggles, chances are, some of my classmates are as well.  Although our journeys are different, often the challenges we face are very similar.  Understanding this, it only makes sense for instructors not to just give me, personally, feedback if they felt my blog required it, but to also offer that feedback to everyone, in the hopes they might not only catch one fish, but many.

Realizing this, I see just how powerful blogging can be.  Not only do our blogs speak for us as individuals, but they have the potential to give a voice to others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment