Friday, January 27, 2023

Feeling Good

I came into last night's IHC class feeling really nervous.  Up until that point I hadn't felt any nervousness at all.  Perhaps simply nearing the big day, and with it being our last practice, I was nervous as to whether everything would come together as we hoped...and whether I could remember and keep track of all the last minute changes and tweaks that we've been trying to implement and nail down.

When the music queued the first run through, all nervous feelings disappeared.  I was able to "turn off" all the extraneous thoughts and was able to direct and maintain my focus on the team, my form and the applications.  I felt as though nothing existed off that 7 x 4 square stage.  I felt confident and capable.  And not in a way where I thought making a mistake was impossible...that possibility is always present.  There were a few last night, in fact.  But I felt that I could handle and adapt to whatever happened.  That I'd be able to push through and keep going.  No panic.  No worry.  A feeling of calm and peace.

The only thing I'm nervous about right now is whether my mom will decide she needs to rush to the stage in my defense during the applications.  Dan is under strict instructions to hold her back.

No comments:

Post a Comment