Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Me Thinks

I was looking up the Lao Gar livestream video for a student the other day.  When I found it, I didn't just want to reference the video, but also wanted to let them know approximately when the form started.

I'm so glad I did.  I ended up watching it myself, and I was flabbergasted at how different it looked to me than I remembered.  I was noticing tiny little details that I'm sure I hadn't noticed previously.  Watching the video I even found myself "feeling" the form.  Meaning, not only did I notice little physical details...but I found myself thinking "I think that part should feel like that".  Maybe a better way to explain this is that I felt like I could really see the 6 harmonies in action.  In a way that I can even try to apply this to my own forms.  Yea, I know that maybe doesn't make sense...but it does to me!  Lol.

And this was only Lao Gar 1.

Me thinks it's time to go and watch some more of these videos to see what new things I can discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment