Monday, January 30, 2023

A Glimpse

This year's banquet was the first true glimpse anyone from my family, outside Dan and the kids, has gotten into my Kung Fu.  My mom and her husband attended and I'm pleased to say how impressed they were.  Not with me per say (although of course I can do no wrong in my mom's eyes...lol), but with the entire atmosphere and community as a whole.  They could appreciate the hard work and effort that every student was making towards betterment.  They could see the intensity and comradery amongst the team.  They could recognize how passionate the instructors are with the success of their students.  

She has asked me before why I put so much time and effort into my Kung Fu.  Not in a facetious way, but because she really wants to know.  And I've always struggled to give a good answer because, as I'm sure you all know, it's hard to put into words.  Although it wasn't my intent, I can see now what an amazing opportunity this was for her to see and understand, at least a little bit, for herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment