Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Mmmmmmm...Sugar.....

Today begins the second month of my dietary personal requirement.  

February was terribly unsuccessful.  So based on feedback and suggestions from some amazing team mates, I am changing my approach slightly for June.

I've decided to take a more "baby step" approach and will focus my attention on reducing my daily sugar intake.  "Added sugar" is what is of more concern, but I don't want to make things too complicated by trying to figure out how much is added and how much is natural.  I need to keep the tracking as simple as possible or I won't do it.  But as a secondary focus, I will also be mindful of trying to limit most of my sugar intake to natural food items like vegetables and fruits.

From the millions of resources that google spewed out, it looks like the recommendation for me (based on age, height, weight, activity, etc) would be about 90 total grams of sugar per day.  So that's all sugar, natural or not.

I will let you know if I think that's enough or not at the end of the day.  You'll likely be able to tell the outcome based on how grouchy I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment