Friday, June 4, 2021

IHC Number Update - June 4, 2021 - FYI, we are roughly 32% into the Year of the Ox

 My June IHC Update - Approximately 32% as of today

✅ = achieving/exceeding my numbers or generally on track where numbers don't really apply.  

❌ = behind on my numbers, things aren't going well or I haven't taken any steps to complete the goal yet.

➖ = unsure of progress, the opportunity hasn't presented itself yet, it may take the full year to properly evaluate, or it's something I would need my instructors to determine my success/failure.  I've decided to still list these things here just as a reminder that they are still requirements.

Base Requirements

✅  Hand Form - Da Mu Hsing I-V  319/1000

✅  Knife Form - Goju-Shorei Talon  320/1000

✅ Push-ups  17853/50,000

✅ Sit-ups  17779/50,000

✅ Sparring  316/1000

✅ Kilometers 575/1609

✅ Acts of Kindness 322/1000

✅ Blogging/Online Presence

✅ Unexcused Absences

✅ Mastery by Stewart Emery

➖ Mend a Relationship - This is hard.  But I'm still working at it.

✅  Lion Dancing - I think I'm on track with this.

 ❌ Tiger Challenge

➖  Public Performances - Hopefully with Sifu Cosgrove's initiative we'll get something going!

✅  Core Curriculum - I assume.

➖  SRKF Projects and Initiatives

Personal Requirements

✅  Weekly Dharma Talks - I will often listen to these while drafting.  I love the Q&As.

❌ Pottery - My success here hasn't been great.  But at the same time I haven't made it a priority.

✅  Box Jumps - Working towards 10 consecutive.  I need stronger legs.  Dan says more squats.  I told him to beat it.

✅ Learn how to change my car tires  - Complete.

❌ Learn how to change Oil  - Still waiting.  This new shift of Dan's is both good and bad at times.

✅ Indoor Plant - I had 3 lemon trees....now there are 2.  I had a feeling I may have knocked the one around a bit when I transplanted and that's the one that has died.  The others seem to be doing well.  I'm watching my propagations closely as well...I'm unsure right now if they are surviving the potting but I'll try and be patient and not mess with them.  It's crazy how invested I am in these plants.  The baby spider plant is absolutely thriving.

✅ Save for Family Getaway - once allowed I think I will be taking the family to Mexico.  So I've probably got plenty of time to keep saving.

✅ Compliment Dan, Emma and Nathan at least once a day.

✅ I have one additional personal goal that is almost complete.  This should be ready to share next week!

That's all to report for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment