Saturday, July 30, 2022

I AM an Artist

To me, an artist is anyone that creates. Whether that be with a brush, their hands, their words, their body, their mind. An artist has the ability to envision something where there is nothing and then bring that to life.

I have always been an artist. I have always been able to create. But I have also struggled. I have been the type of artist that maintains control over my creations. My vision and my end result need to match. If they don't, the creation is a failure and discarded before it has had a chance to live and breathe.

The most successful artists not only create, but also have the ability to allow a creation to manifest on it's own. They will mould, but not force. They do not push, but will gently guide, allowing the creation to establish it's own direction and become what it is meant to be. They are a conduit for the creation to unfold and find it's full potential.

Through Kung Fu, I am changing as an artist. I am slowly developing my eye for detail. I am also developing my relationship with Chi. I am learning how my body moves. I am learning how my energy moves. I am learning the importance of relinquishing control and allowing these things to merge and come together on their own, without force. That is the 6 harmonies and that is where the art and the beauty is found.

Becoming a martial artist has opened my eyes to how much potential I truly have at being an artist. 

I AM an Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment