Thursday, July 28, 2022

I AM a Leader

Being a leader isn't about being in charge.  It's not about being at the top, nor is it about having others follow you.  A leader typically doesn't crave to lead, but rather will step up when the role is left empty or lacking, with no intent or desire to stay there permanently.

Being a leader has nothing to do with title or rank, status or power.  It's about walking forward boldly, creating a path, but allowing those following to pass when they are ready.  It's about setting examples and encouraging others to do the same.  It's about sharing knowledge and ideas and then sitting back to see how far someone else might go with it.  The more I think about it, the more I realize that the best leaders are constantly stepping up, and then back again, often without even being noticed.

As a leader, my ultimate goal isn't getting to the front of the pack, it's getting to the back.

I AM a Leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment