Wednesday, December 1, 2021

My 50000+ Piece Puzzle

Something I like to do is pose the same question to more than one Sifu.  It's not that I don't like the first answer, or that I think it's wrong, but rather that there can be a variety of answers to any given question.  How it's asked, when it's asked, under what circumstance it's asked, who I am asking, how they interpreted it, how I interpreted the answer, etc, etc,.....these all have a significant bearing on the answer given in that specific moment.  And each different answer can provide some really valuable insight.

I also find this beneficial because each of the Sifus have a different approach and a different perspective.  None are "more right" than the other....just different.  All valuable.  And every bit of information and every answer that I get adds yet another piece to this giant puzzle that I'm working on.  One that, unfortunately, didn't come with a picture to reference, so I really have no idea what I'm building....but I do know it's big.

As I attempt this massive build, I can see right away that some of these pieces have an obvious spot where they fit.  Mostly corners and sides.  Some are not obvious at all, and so they sit to the side waiting for more clues as to where they might go.  Some of the more special pieces will end up fitting into several different spots.  And yes, some may not end up fitting for me at all.  But I'll hang on to these pieces anyways...I have a feeling they may belong to someone else's puzzle.

When feeling stuck, it can be fun to randomly "test fit" different pieces, just to see what happens...and sometimes I'm even pleasantly surprised to find that they fit!!  I must admit that I also sometimes try to squish and force them together in frustration, even though I can tell right away that it's not working.  Because in all honesty, it feels like I'm doing more collecting than solving right now.  But I suppose, as with any puzzle, sometimes the best approach is to assemble, sort and organize the pieces before really going at it.  Except the frame...I can always work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment