Monday, December 20, 2021

Dress For The Job You Want....

I was given a rare and incredible opportunity at a glimpse into the black belt grading recently.  And of course, I started to think about my own grading; what steps I need to take, what things I need to work and improve on, even ideas for my 5 applications and personal demo.  Yes, yes...I know...I've already played devil's advocate with myself and had the following internal conversation...

"Slow down there hot shot....you're an orange belt.  There's a long way to go before you need to worry about grading."

Followed by, 

"True.  But this isn't really about a specific day or a belt.  This is about who I want to be and how I want to live my life, so why would I wait to take action?"

I am not a Black Belt.  

But I don't think that's any reason for me not to act like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment