Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Break-a-thon 2021

I love board breaking!!!!!

My list of breaks from last night are as follows,
  1. Thrust punch
  2. Front Thrust Kick
  3. Palm Heel Strike
  4. Roundhouse
  5. Combative Side Heel *2 attempts
  6. Elbow
  7. Spinning Back Kick
  8. Cross Step with Back Kick *2 attempts
  9. Knife Hand
  10. Ridge Hand *lost count but there's a video...lol...5 attempts
  11. Extra - Side Heel on green board
I always like to go a little outside my comfort zone for these.  What better place to push yourself than at the Kwoon?  Not one person in there is going to mock you or snicker.....at least not because of your board breaks. 😉  In fact, it always inspires me to see others trying more difficult techniques, regardless of whether it works or not....so I like to try and do the same.

Having said that, I'm really proud of my knife hand.  It's the first knife hand I've attempted on a board and it was soooooooo smooth (link below for a quick video clip).  


But I think the ridge hand was likely my favourite.  I knew I wanted to try one but I also knew that it would be the hardest, and so I left it for my 10th.   And although it took me 5 attempts, this is also the one from which I took away the most insight...proving that you learn more from your fails than from your successes.  Next year it will be my first break.


No comments:

Post a Comment