Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Pottery October 13, 2021

A quick update on my personal pottery goal.

I am so pleased to say that this has been going extremely well.  I'm not even close to my actual goal of 4 matching coffee mugs...but the progress I've made has re-ignited my passion for it.  Pottery was something I fell in love with right from the start.  There is a meditative aspect to it that requires being centered in both body and mind and is something that just seems to feed my spirit.

I've recently completed a full pottery making process.

Throwing the clay.  Drying.  Trimming.  More drying.  Bisque firing.  Glazing.  Glaze firing.

And I'm proud to say that I did not lose a single piece with this first batch.  Going into this, and based on comments and postings from a couple of pottery groups I am a part of, I was expecting to lose at least half.  I could chalk it up to good luck....and maybe there is some of that.  But I think I also need to allow myself a small bit of credit.  

I didn't cut any corners.  I didn't rush things.   I stayed patient.  I did not let myself say "good enough", but at the same time found peace with the imperfections.  I followed and trusted the process.

All things that apply to pretty much anything we may try to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment