Monday, October 25, 2021

Confidence Shift

Generally speaking, we tend to feel confident only when we are good at something.  And we lose that feeling when we do something we are terrible at.  And I don't think this is right.

Am I awesome at everything?  Nope.  Am I terrible at many things?  Yup.  But what I'm good at and what I'm awful at shouldn't define my confidence.  My confidence should be defined by the effort I put forth and by how hard I work.  It should grow by trying new things and grabbing hold of ANY opportunity that may present itself; failing aside....rather than limiting myself only to the opportunities that I know I'll be successful at or that I'm already comfortable with.

This understanding has slowly been evolving in me for some time and I'm finding that my self confidence and self worth is starting to build on a deeper level.

I'd like to shift from being strictly confident in "things"...to simply being confident in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment