Monday, March 29, 2021

Tai Chi Success

I had a small moment of success with my Tai Chi yesterday.  When I practice, in addition to focusing on individual parts, I also make sure to go all the way through the form as far as I know.  Yesterday I did it without stopping, without faltering and without having to think too much.  It took me over 14 minutes but it certainly didn't feel that long.  It all just seemed to flow out naturally and I felt truly centered and grounded throughout.

Something else that's been really interesting is how practicing to music generates a different feeling for me.  Not just any music...but the stuff that, for some reason, really resonates with me.  It's as if a certain song  can awaken an awareness that, in turn, enhances and amplifies my movements.  The current favorite is "Wake Me Up" by Avicii.

Ultimately I've been feeling really good about my practice.  I think I'm starting to really develop my flow and everything is really connecting.  My timing, my breathing, my energy and ultimately my 6 harmonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment