Monday, March 8, 2021

IHC Update - March 8, 2021


I thought I would post a general progress update with my IHC requirements.  This is really more for me as a way to monitor my progress.  If you choose to read it, I won't blame you for nodding off.


✅ = achieving/exceeding my numbers or generally on track where numbers don't really apply.  

❌ = behind on my numbers, things aren't going well or I haven't taken any steps to complete the goal yet.

➖ = the opportunity hasn't presented itself yet, it may take the full year to properly evaluate, or it's something I would need my instructors to determine my success/failure.  I've decided to still list these things here just as a reminder that they are still requirements.


Like I have with the Knife already, I will be making a point of blogging a little more specifically about some of my requirements, including why I chose them, the difficulties I'm facing, etc, etc.


Base Requirements

✅  Hand Form - Da Mu Hsing I-V  69/1000 *Note:  I do not know section 5 in it's entirety quite yet.  I'm about half way through.  I'm counting my reps to the point that I know cuz I feel like it's long enough...lol.  I will likely make a point of noting at what point the reps are the full I-V.  Shouldn't be too long from now.

✅  Knife Form - Goju-Shorei Talon  73/1000 *Note:  I now know 2 out of 4 sections (these aren't official "sections"...it's just how I've broken it down).  I've also learned the strike and block set.  I'm counting my reps based on my work towards this goal.  So for example, I'm doing the 2 sections I know twice and counting that as 1 rep.  I hope this is still in line with the spirit of the requirement.

✅ Push-ups  4058/50,000

✅ Sit-ups  4090/50,000

✅ Sparring  71.5/1000

✅ Kilometers 126.15/1609

✅ Acts of Kindness 74/1000

✅ Blogging/Online Presence

✅ Unexcused Absences

✅ Mastery by Stewart Emery - I read this at my desk Mon-Fri before I start working.  I don't have it memorized yet, but I think I understand the content so far.

✅ Mend a Relationship - I'm technically on track with this.  But it's certainly causing me some stress.

❌  Lion Dancing - just realized that I don't have any time specifically dedicated to this in my personal training!

➖  Tiger Challenge

➖  Public Performances

➖  Core Curriculum

➖  SRKF Projects and Initiatives

Personal Requirements

✅  Weekly Dharma Talks

✅  Pottery

❌  Box Jumps - uuuuuuhhhhhhh.....so far I've just piled more things on my box so I don't have to look at it.  

➖ Learn how to Change Tires and Oil - My oil light just came on so I think we're going to do the oil this weekend.  Tires will get changed once chance of snow is gone.

✅ Indoor Plant - there is still life so I'm counting this as "on track".

✅ Save for Family Getaway

✅ Compliment Dan, Emma and Nathan at least once a day

✅ I have one additional personal goal that is going pretty well.  I will share this in future but am not quite ready.

Overall things are going well I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment