Sunday, March 14, 2021

The Double Dip

So I blogged recently about a discovery regarding energy with my side heel.  Further to this, I'm realizing that generating that energy into my movements puts a much bigger strain on my stamina.  For example, 10 "purely physical" side heel kicks takes about the same out of me as maybe 2-3 when I'm really focusing on implementing my core energy.  This really applies to any of my techniques and forms, but has become more noticeable in the techniques that I already find taxing in a physical way....or in forms where I am trying to maintain that internal energy for the whole duration.  Some things are basically "double dipping" and leaving me gassed both externally and internally.

So now I'm curious as to whether generating and utilizing our internal energy will become easier with practice?  Just as with any physical training that we do...will our energy also build "muscle" and endurance?

We will see....

No comments:

Post a Comment