Thursday, November 24, 2022

Love/Hate? Or Hate/Love?

I hate these new circuit classes Sihing Csillag has started.  They are so frickin' hard!

I always try to start with the station that I find the most difficult....just to get it over with first, before I'm completely gassed.  This is typically the lateral jump.  I hate the lateral jump.  If the lateral jump isn't available (but it always is), I'd go for the kicking station.  This past Monday we ended up going through it twice.  Granted we got a short break.  But the second time through I really, truly hated the lateral jump.  By the time I got to the kicking station, I wanted to slowly crawl to a corner, curl up into the fetal position and quietly cry myself to sleep.

I love these new circuit classes Sihing Csillag has started.  They are so frickin' awesome!

I'm a glutton for punishment.  I know this stuff is good for me.  And I love that feeling of accomplishment and euphoria after a truly grueling physical endeavor.  I have a competitive desire to "beat" the tasks that I find truly challenging.  One of these days I'm going to kick the lateral jumps a#$.  And to be quite honest, I'm already feeling more confident with the kicking stations.  Not so much with my current technical ability, but with pushing myself to my limit and feeling good about my efforts.

When I recognize that it will be a circuit class, I feel both excitement and dread.  Exhilaration and apprehension.  So yes.  This seems to be a love/hate relationship I have.  But I like to think of it more as a hate/love relationship...it starts with hate, but if I truly push myself, it ends up as love.

If I only hate something like this, it probably means that I am not looking at it from the right perspective.  I'm not seeing the benefits and am only seeing it as a hoop.  Yet if I only love something like this, it might be an indication that I'm no longer pushing myself to the limit.  

So for something like this, I tend to think a hate/love relationship is the best kind to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment